Instagram’s most photogenic café
Last weekend, in between the rush of London Fashion week, I decided to finally give one of the most Instagramable cafes a visit…Elan Café! Filled to the brim with decor that would excite even the likes of Oscar Wilde. The aesthetics are truly amazing and begin to entice you as soon as your eyes fall on the storefront.
Elan Café gives you all the pleasures of being inside a gorgeous flower shop… and if you’re a fellow hay-fever sufferer like me; minus the sneezing!
So what I really wanted to know was, is this café worth all the Instagram hype? My honest answer is both yes and no.
- You receive amazing service from the waiters. They are kind, quick to take your order and helpful. My friend’s dessert was accidentally taken away before she had even finished eating, once we made the waiters aware of this they kindly replaced the dessert in full – this was not even requested by us.
- The food comes in a good sizeable portions and is absolutely tasty and so well presented! I ordered the Nutella Hot Chocolate and Poached egg/avocado toast and Oreo cheesecake. One word: amazing.
- Most obviously the decor and design of the café! In the words of another bruncher: “Girl, you know we all came here for the photos!” So from the famous flower wall, hanging flowers, neon writing and even the floor. It really is pleasing to the eye.
Hmmm so the negatives…
- The queue to get in took around 30 minutes. This however is understandable of course, being such a popular restaurant as it is currently.
- Feeling rushed – Shortly after we had finished and paid for our meal, a lady in a suit who worked at the café gave us no warning that it was time for us to start moving from the table. She simply brought over new customers whilst we were still seated and told us that it was time for us to go. Not impressed at all.
- A sense of importance – we noticed that a few people were being moved around the café from their tables to another so that other perhaps more ‘important’ visitors could get better seating.
Other than those points…I can’t really complain. My recommendations would be to visit in the weekday as it is a lot quieter during those times. Anyways…happy brunching!
Photo credit: First photo @elancafe (Instagram)
The rest are my own.